Apply for a US passport

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport.

I often receive questions from prospective clients if I provide US passports.

The answer is no, however I do provide the required US passport photos, as well as most international passport and visa photos.

Dual citizens and legal permanent residents need their original passports renewed every 5 to 10 years and are already familiar with the way of obtaining their passports.

Next to having a US passport, as a US citizen, you might need a visa when going abroad to certain countries. You will have to check with your travel agent or embassy from the country you are visiting.

PLEASE NOTE: Henrico Photo does not accept passport applications and does not issue passports. In the small event that your photos are rejected due to my photography, I will adjust or retake and print new photos free of charge.

Applying for a visa.

Most destinations require a visa for each country, however for a short stay (90 days or less) in a lot of European destinations, called the Schengen area, only one visa is needed.

Please check on this Schengen visa info website for more and current information. (

The following on this page is intended for US citizens.

The following information below is obtained from the USA.GOV website.

U.S. Passport Eligibility:

To have a U.S. passport, you need to be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization or be a U.S. national.

Passport Book and Passport Card:

Depending on where you are traveling outside of the U.S., you will need to determine if you need a passport book or a passport card. A passport book is required for all international travel by air.

To enter the United States at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, you can use a passport book or a passport card. A passport card is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book, but it cannot be used for international travel by air.

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport.

The application process is the same for either the passport book or card, even if you want both at the same time. You have to go in person to present your application. From Within the United States If you need to get a passport in seven weeks or less, you will need an expedited process. To find out where you need to go and what additional fees you’ll pay, follow the steps to get a passport quickly. If you will be traveling in more than seven weeks, you can follow the regular application process and apply in person at a passport acceptance facility.

Verified by MonsterInsights